Friday, December 04, 2009

Alas, I Am One Of The Unsatisfied

Because sometimes, even a cheesy line or two doesn't spoil an otherwise moving song:

There's a river of sorrow that mankind has cried
And it runs like a torrent, and blends with the tide
Oh, I am not content with the peace that's prophesied,
for alas, I am one of the unsatisfied

Now the willow can bend, and the moon, she can hide
But the oak tree will stand till it breaks from its pride
And I may look unbroken, but deep down inside
Alas, I am one of the unsatisfied

And we walk among our brothers
with a strange and faraway look in our eyes
And we often play the clown
to hide the fact that something deep within us cries
Lord, some of us are poets,
Some dream until they die
Till we're one with the spirit,
We're unsatisfied

Now the north wind is my lover, always at my side
And the hawk's my little sister, screaming at the sky
Afraid of God and naked, stripped of all our pride;
till we're one with the spirit, we're unsatisfied
till we're one with the spirit, we're unsatisfied

(Lacy J. Dalton)

No comments: